As September approaches I wanted to bring both parents and cadets up to speed on some of the many things going on in the background:
- We have received a task order (145 pages!) on the resumption of training, and the staff and I are reviewing it to ensure we are in compliance and able to safely resume training.
- Training will resume gradually, in a staged manner, with both a virtual and in-person component, similar to the local school boards.
- Safety of the cadets and staff is paramount, and all precautions will be taken to insure no transmission of the virus when in-person training resumes.
- There is a certain amount of leniency in the upcoming training year to accommodate cadets that cannot fully participate in either virtual or in-person activities.
- Training will resume virtually in mid-late Sep, and tentatively on the first Monday in Oct in-person.
- The staff is using the time in August and September to prepare for both virtual and in-person training to resume.
- Training will be streamlined to focus on the higher priority courses, as determined at a national level by Cadets Canada.
- Although this year will look drastically different to previous years, our focus remains to provide unique, challenging, and rewarding experiences and training to today’s youth and tomorrow’s leaders, in a safe environment.
- More information to follow shortly, including a revised squadron calendar.
As always, parents can contact me if they have questions at the email/phone below. Cadets, please contact WO2 Everett for your questions.
Capt Shaun Laverty
Commanding Officer, 756 Wild Goose RC(Air)CS
National Defence / Government of Canada
Commandant, ERAC 756 Wild Goose
Défense nationale / Gouvernement du Canada